WELCOME to KNOWKNOW is a dynamic clinical, research, and educational tool that allows you to quickly access up to date research on natural agents in cancer care. It systematically summarizes human studies from Medline and EMBASE and makes the data searchable by Tumor Type, Natural Therapy, Conventional Treatment and Side Effect. You can copy references or full summaries into referral letters, patient recommendations, handouts, presentations, and websites.
The Knowledge in Integrative Oncology Database.
KNOW Database 101
Here's what we did:
We listed search results according to level of evidence with systematic reviews and meta-analysis listed first, then clinical trials, observational studies and lastly case reports.
- We asked the question "What is the role of integrative therapies in the clinical management of people with cancer?"
- We searched PubMed and Embase to harvest worldwide data on integrative oncology with a specific focus on nutraceuticals and diet.
- We searched and parallel screened the relevant data.
- We tagged studies for tumor type, side effects, natural therapy and conventional therapy to make it highly searchable. If an open text is available, the link is provided.
- We created an expanded PICO template (population, intervention, comparator, outcome) and extract the data to provide a summary. For studies not yet summarized, we provide the citation or a brief summary.
- KNOW includes data on ALL tumor types, cancer-related conditions and natural therapies for the years 2010-2020. For the topics of breast cancer, thoracic cancer, neuropathy and curcumin, KNOW holds all published data up to 2020.
- In comparison analysis by topic with PubMed, KNOW holds significantly more human data in integrative oncology.
- To provide clinicians and students in naturopathic oncology access to data for best education, safety & clinical decision-making
- To allow colleagues to collaborate on research and publication projects or to create patient resources.(To see patient education resources created using data in KNOW - click here)
- To help groups that provide online content on integrative therapies stay up to date.
- Summarize the literature pertaining to integrative oncology for all tumor types, side effects and natural agents
- Improve knowledge of integrative oncology research by clinicians
- Support evidence informed patient care
- Inspire collaboration
Here's what you get:
- Efficiency: Currently, enormous energy is spent to distill current literature.
- Staying up-to-date: The volume of research in integrative oncology is ever increasing and nearly impossible to stay abreast of; the KNOW team of researchers and medical librarians will keep the website current and access full text articles and international studies that the average clinician cannot easily get.
- Knowledge sharing with fellow providers: Relationships between conventional and integrative providers improves when clinicians share evidence in their communications. KNOW research summaries and references can be copied/pasted into your documents.
- Evidence-informed practice: Making evidence- informed decisions requires easy access to relevant research and the clinical experience of our elders. KNOW puts this at your fingertips.
- Knowledge base for teaching: A central repository of information supports curriculum for integrative residencies, fellowships and other training programs.
- Collaboration for publication projects: KNOW assembles the data so groups can help add to the literature reporting on natural agents in oncology care.
- Growing competency and safety: Articles in KNOW provide important information about safety tolerability, preparation, dosing and side effects that is not readily available to clinicians.
Phone & Fax:1-800-908-5175
The content on the KNOW website is not intended nor recommended as a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
Always seek the advice of your own physician or other qualified health care professional regarding any medical questions or conditions.
©2020 KNOW, Inc.