WELCOME to KNOWKNOW is a dynamic clinical and educational tool that combines detailed summaries of up-to-date- research in integrative oncology with current best practices from experienced naturopathic physicians.
The Knowledge in Integrative Oncology Database.
KNOW is designed to help you quickly access pertinent information to make evidence-informed decisions.
KNOW Database 101
Here's what we did:
Beginning in 2017, we opened our search to include terminology for all tumor types, cancer-related conditions and natural treatments.
- We asked the question "What is the role of integrative therapies in the clinical management of people with cancer?"
- We searched across international databases to harvest published data pertaining to integrative oncology with a specific focus on nutraceuticals and diet. Initially we started with 4 search topics: Breast cancers, Thoracic cancers, Neuropathy and Curcumin and included data up until 2018.
- We screened the data and acquired the selected articles.
- We summarized all relevant (English language, human level of evidence) data using a PICO summary template (population, intervention, comparator, outcome) to provide an objective and detailed report.
- We peer-reviewed and tagged all summaries so they are searchable.
- We peer-reviewed and organized support literature &clinical pearls donated by experienced ND's in North America to be searchable by topics and type of document.
- KNOW is working to summarize the relevant literature pertaining to integrative oncology for all tumor types, and cancer-related or cancer treatment related side-effects for 2010-2018.
- To provide clinicians and students in naturopathic oncology access to data for best education, safety & clinical decision-making
- To allow colleagues to collaborate on research and publication projects
- Summarize the literature pertaining to integrative oncology for all tumor types, side effects and natural agents
- Improve knowledge of integrative oncology research by clinicians
- Support evidence informed patient care
- Inspire collaboration
Here's what you get:
- Efficiency: Currently, enormous energy is spent with FABNOs and NDs entering the field trying to reinvent the same wheel to find and distill current literature.
- Staying up-to-date: The volume of research in integrative oncology is ever increasing and nearly impossible to stay abreast of; the KNOW team of researchers and medical librarians will keep the website current and can access full text articles and international studies that the average clinician cannot easily get.
- Communicating with conventional providers: Relationships with conventional oncology providers improves when integrative clinicians share evidence in their communications; KNOW research summaries and references can be copied/pasted into your documents.
- Evidence-informed practice: Making evidence- informed decisions requires easy access to relevant research and the clinical experience of our elders. KNOW puts this at your fingertips.
- Knowledge base for teaching: A central repository of information supports curriculum for naturopathic oncology residencies and ABNO exam content.
- Collaboration for publication projects: KNOW assembles the data so groups can help add to the literature reporting on natural agents in oncology care. Shared work in KNOW is eligible for continuing education credits.
- Growing competency and safety: We are building a comprehensive section in KNOW on "Interactions with Conventional Treatments."
Phone & Fax:1-800-908-5175
The content on the KNOW website is not intended nor recommended as a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
Always seek the advice of your own physician or other qualified health care professional regarding any medical questions or conditions.
©2020 KNOW, Inc.